Luciano de Souza Leão Jr.
Began to practice as partner of the firm in 1996. Previously practiced with the “Escritório de Advocacia Gouvêa Vieira”, beginning as an associate and leaving as a partner.
Counsels clients in a range of corporate and business matters, including corporate law, mergers & acquisitions, joint-ventures, technology transfer, foreign investment in Brazil and Brazilian investments abroad, project finance, corporate finance issues, debt financing, financial market and capital markets, privatization, tax law, , compliance and government regulatory issues and agreements with government.
Extensive experience in teamwork with the firm’s attorneys and attorneys from other law firms and business consultants in complex transactions and complex litigation. Was senior member of the legal team of consultants to the Brazilian government in the privatization of CSNH – Companhia Siderúrgica Nacional.
Represents clients in civil and tax litigation, arbitration and administrative proceedings involving tax, security, banking and public concessions and biddings.
- Member of the Associação Brasileira de Direito Financeiro-ABDF (Brazilian Association of Financial Law – ABDF).
- Co-author of the book “Direito das Companhias” coordinated by José Luiz BULHÕES PEDREIRA and Alfredo LAMY Filho (Ed. Forense 2009).
- Degree in Law – “Faculdade de Direito da Universidade do Estado do Rio de Janeiro”, Brazil (1976).
- Masters in Law (LLM) – Harvard Law School, Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA (1981).
Areas of Expertise
- Tax Consulting and Litigation (RJ)
- Corporate and Civil Litigation and Consulting (RJ)
- Civil and Commercial Contracts (RJ)
- Administrative Law (RJ)
- Real Estate Law (RJ)
- Consumer Law (SP)
- Corporate Law (RJ)
- Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A) (RJ)
- Mediation and Arbitration (RJ)
- Capital Markets (RJ)
- Registration of Foreign Capital - Central Bank of Brazil (SP)